Tips For Microdermabrasion In The Tampa Bay Area
If you have been to a spa or are fond of reading health and beauty magazines, you have most likely come across the term microdermabrasion. If not, well, worry not. Microdermabrasion is a skin rejuvenation process where small crystal particles are used to sand/abrade/exfoliate the skin. This process removes the old top skin layer, allowing a fresh and younger skin layer to form in its place. Read on to learn more about microdermabrasion Tampa services.
How is it done?
Microdermabrasion is a relatively straight forward process. All you have to do is book your appointment with a beautician. On arrival, you will be asked to wash your face to remove any dirt or makeup on it. Next, you’ll be asked to lie on a flat bed. A soothing liquid may then be applied on your skin to ease the process (not mandatory). The beautician will then use the microdermabrasion tool to gently exfoliate your skin. Once done, a soothing ointment may be applied/reapplied on the worked on skin area.
What is microdermabrasion sought for?
A lot of people today are seeking microdermabrasion services simply as a way to get healthier and smoother skin. However, the process is also used to eliminate certain cosmetic skin problems such as:
– Acne scars
– Age wrinkles
– Black heads and white heads caused by oily skin or blocked pores
– Ingrown hair marks
– Shaving marks
– Stretch marks
– Sun damage marks
– Injury scars
– Blocked pores
Advantages of microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion has numerous advantages. These are:
– Works with all types of skin. It works with skins of all complexions, ages, genders, and skin types(oily, dry, etc). It can also be applied onto different parts of the body, not just on the face.
– The process is quick. A standard session takes only 30 minutes.
– Is highly effective. As one can gauge from its popularity, microdermabrasion works. It’s working is also supported by science. More specifically, skin profile and skin cell formation theories.
– It’s painless. A lot of people thinking of trying microdermabrasion are worried that it may be painful. Luckily, it is not. Unlike dermabrasion which requires numbing injections, microdermabrasion causes no pain and no numbing or injections are required.
– Improves skin growth as well. Microdermabrasion does more than just remove scars and marks. The process stimulates the production of collagen – a skin protein prevalent in younger people. So not only does your skin become fairer, it also becomes thicker and smoother, thanks to increased collagen production.
– Fast skin healing. Become the process is not as aggressive as dermabrasion, the healing process is much shorter as well. The regeneration period is 24-hours. That is, the duration after which you should expect to see your new skin on the treated area.
Once you have had your microdermabrasion Tampa treatment, there are a number of things you can do to ensure that the healing process goes on as smoothly as possible:
1. Clean your skin with water. This will ensure the area remains clean to ward off an infection.
2. Do not apply any makeup. Some makeup products contain chemicals that may irritate the delicate skin.
3. Moisturize regularly. Microdermabrasion causes the skin to dry slightly during the healing period. Moisturizing helps to counter that effect.
4. Apply sunscreen when going outdoors. This will protect the delicate raw skin cells from sun damage during the healing period.
You can find out more information on how to do Micorderm Abrasion at home easily and much less expensive than a traditional spa.